Official Committees of Unsecured Creditors
The firm has represented an extensive list of official committees in complex, high-profile Chapter 11 reorganizations involving companies with multi-billion-dollar annual revenues, numerous labor unions, complex capital structures and a myriad of business and legal issues.
We have been involved in bankruptcy cases for companies across a wide range of industries, including national, regional and local retailers; nursing homes, drug store chains and other healthcare providers; steel manufacturing companies; apparel companies; airlines; chemical, plastic and other types of industrial companies; real estate entities; and food and restaurant service companies.
We have significant experience with:
- Issues that require in-depth knowledge of the Bankruptcy Code, the Federal Rules of Bankruptcy Procedure, and local rules
- Case administration, including the day-to-day organizational needs of creditors’ committees
- The structuring, negotiation and documentation of reorganization plans
Our expertise in the bankruptcy field is augmented by a wide network of relationships with sources of equity funding, sponsors of plans of reorganization, investment banking firms, financial advisory firms, real estate consultants, industry experts, liquidation specialists and judges, practitioners, receivers, trustees and United States Trustees throughout the United States and worldwide. These relationships are part of the unique value we bring to our clients and enhance our ability to achieve superior results.Top of Page
- A Judges' Chat Across the Rivers
- ABI Views from the Bench: Ethics and Social Media
- Advising Distressed Businesses and Business Bankruptcy Cases
- American Bankruptcy Institute Conference to Include Otterbourg Partner
- Bankruptcy Ethics Panel at 2013 Hyde Park Conference
- Bankruptcy Litigation Update
- Beware the Traps: Ethical and Fiduciary Issues for Committee Members and Professionals
- Breaking Up is Hard to Do: Law Firm Bankruptcies
- CRF Webinar: Chapter 11 Reform: How Would Trade Creditors Fare?
- Judicial Voices on Transition: From the Bar to the Bench and Beyond
- Otterbourg Attorney Leads Panel on New Trends in Chapter 11 Plans
- Otterbourg Attorney Named an Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer 2013
- Otterbourg Attorney Participates in Panel on "The Trump Effect"
- Otterbourg Expands Its Bankruptcy and Finance Practices with the Hiring of Keith Costa and Michael Wenger
- Otterbourg Names Melanie L. Cyganowski Chair of Restructuring and Bankruptcy Practice
- Otterbourg Partner Awarded 5th Annual Honorable Burton R. Lifland Mentor of the Year Award
- Otterbourg Partner to Present Achievement Award to Judge Craig
- Otterbourg Presents on the Dilemma of the "Modern" Chapter 11 Case
- Otterbourg’s Melanie Cyganowski Named One of Nation’s 75 “Outstanding Women Lawyers”
- Practical Skills--Basics of Bankruptcy Practice Program
- Presentation at American Bankruptcy Institute Hearing on Reform of the Bankruptcy Code
- Presentation at F&D Reports Quarterly Meeting on Fresh & Easy Chapter 11
- Program on Critical Vendor and Trade Supply Agreements
- Virtual Roundtable on Bankruptcy & Restructuring 2013