Otterbourg offers clients a unique combination of legal insight and practical solutions and is known for its integrity, stability and business knowledge.
For the past century, Otterbourg has been the firm of choice for an elite group of leading financial institutions and commercial businesses. We offer clients:
- Direct contact with experienced, senior attorneys on every matter
- In-depth understanding of client's businesses so as to provide advice, not just legal services
- Practical analysis of available alternatives to best address the problem
- Efficient use of law firm resources
Otterbourg attorneys represent financial institutions (including banks, asset-based lenders, hedge funds, finance companies and insurance companies) and corporations and other business enterprises. We help clients with financing transactions, acquisitions, investments, litigation and alternative dispute resolution, real estate transactions, workouts, restructurings and bankruptcy proceedings.
The firm has particular expertise in:
- General corporate lending, leverage finance, structured finance, asset based lending and second lien loans, in the United States and cross-border
- Representation of committees of unsecured creditors in large and complex bankruptcy reorganization cases throughout the United States
- Representation of individual institutional lenders, bank groups, commercial enterprises and other secured and unsecured creditors in complex, high profile litigation
- General corporate and securities matters, including mergers and acquisitions, public and private offerings of debt and equity securities, and debt and equity restructurings
- Trusts and estates law, including the development of sophisticated estate plans to transfer wealth while minimizing tax implications
After more than 100 years, the firm continues to expand its capabilities in order to meet our clients’ needs. Prospective and current clients, law students, lateral attorneys and legal staff are encouraged to explore our website or contact us for more information.