The firm has extensive experience in representing both secured and unsecured creditors in bankruptcy proceedings. Where bankruptcy is involved, whether a Chapter 11 financing, the financing of a 363 sale or the financing of a plan of reorganization, the attorneys in our finance group work closely with those in our bankruptcy group to address the bankruptcy process in the most advantageous way for our clients. We have represented lenders in bankruptcy courts throughout the country in connection with:
- Debtor-in-Possession (DIP) Financings. We handle the preparation and negotiation of the financing order and financing documents, as well as court appearances for the approval of the financing for companies that have begun proceedings under Chapter 11 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. Our firm is known for its ability to manage the process of obtaining approval of the financing on the best available terms for the lender.
- Exit Financings. When a lender is providing financing to a company as part of its plan of reorganization, we have the expertise required to deal with the bankruptcy process and documentation.
- 363 Purchases. We assist lenders who finance the purchase of assets being sold by a Chapter 11 debtor-in-possession pursuant to Section 363 of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code. As with all aspects of a lender’s involvement in the Chapter 11 process, the terms of the order approving the sale can be critical. We know what the lender needs in order to be protected.
- 5th Annual NYIC/CFA Joint Event:
- Acquisition Financing Issues Program at Commercial Finance Asssociation Annual Convention
- Commercial Finance Association Files an Amicus Brief on Appeal to the Ninth Circuit
- Otterbourg Attorney Moderates Panel on Developments in Lending Market for CFA/NYIC Event
- Otterbourg Attorney Participates in Panel on "The Trump Effect"
- Otterbourg Attorney Selected for 40 Under 40 Award
- Otterbourg Attorneys Present on "What's in Your Intercreditor Agreement?"
- Otterbourg Attorneys Present Webinar on Intercreditor Agreements
- Otterbourg Expands Its Bankruptcy and Finance Practices with the Hiring of Keith Costa and Michael Wenger
- Otterbourg Named Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year by Corporate INTL
- Otterbourg Named New York Financial Services Law Firm of the Year
- Otterbourg P.C. Named as the Banking and Finance Law Firm of the Year in New York
- Otterbourg P.C. Named New York Banking & Finance Law Firm of the Year by Global Law Experts
- Otterbourg Panel on Dealing with Troubled Investments at Private Equity Conference
- Otterbourg Participates in International Lending Conference
- Otterbourg Partner Featured in Women in Commercial Finance
- Otterbourg Partners Participate in London International Lending Conference
- Otterbourg Ranks Third in Representing Lenders in Chapter 11 Financings
- Otterbourg Webinar: Is Section 363 All You Need to Know About Chapter 11?
- Otterbourg's Thomas Duignan and John Hanley Honored as Members of the Irish Legal 100
- The Changing Landscape of Debtor-in-Possession Financing
- Where is the ABL Market Trending? 3rd Annual NYIC/CFA Joint Event